- Series: General Topics
When I Die
1. When I die, am I ready? Vs. 19-25
2. When I die, what happens depends on what I have done in my life. Vs. 24-25
3. When I die, I will have lost my chance to teach. Vs. 26-31
1. WHEN I DIE, AM I READY? Vs. 19-25
A. No one knows when he is going to die.
1. James 4:13-14 Tomorrow is not promised.
A. Vapor—appears for a little time and vanishes away.
B. We are commanded to be ready.
1. Ready for the Master to return—Matt. 13:35.
2. There are many ways we do this.
A. We do this by being ready to give an answer—1 Peter 3:15;
2. WHEN I DIE, WHAT HAPPENS DEPENDS ON WHAT I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE. VS. 24-25
A. Every word spoken—Matt. 12:36-37.
B. Every action performed—Matt. 7:20-21.
C. We will be judged by the Word of God—John 12:48-50.
D. Lazarus and the rich man were judged by how they lived their lives—vs. 25.
E. We will be judged by how we live our lives.
3. WHEN I DIE, I WILL HAVE LOST MY CHANCE TO TEACH. Vs. 26-31
A. We had better have taught everyone whom we needed to teach—Heb. 9:27.
B. There is no second chance.
C. But the good news is that they still have the Word of God—vs. 29.
1. And according to Jesus, the Word of God is more powerful than even a dead man returning from the dead—vs. 31.
D. It will be too late to be concerned.
1. When I die, I had better be ready, have lived a godly life, and taught everybody whom I needed to teach.